Mon-Fr: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
+44 75 9344 1557
Что такое UNIVERSAL Credit?
UNIVERSAL credits — это платежи от государства. Если вы несете ответственность как минимум за одного ребенка, который...
Читать статью

Who is a sole trader?

Being self-employed is both an employment and a tax status. It covers a wide range of people, from those running their own business to freelancers and people working in the gig economy.

Self-employed could be classified as a sole trader or a partner in a business partnership if there are two or more partners.
You're probably sole trader even if you haven't yet told HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) but:
Run your business for yourself and take responsibility for its success or failure.
Can decide how, where and when you do your work.
Can hire other people at your own expense.
Provide the main items of equipment to do your work.
Have several customers at the same time.
Are responsible for finishing any unsatisfactory work in your own time.
Charge an agreed fixed price for your work.
Sell goods or services to make a profit (including through websites or apps).
You can be both employed and self-employed at the same time, for example, if you work for an employer during the day and run your own business in the evenings.

You may have business partners (partners in a business partnership) with whom you can collaborate.
In a partnership, you and your partner (or partners) personally share responsibility for your business. This includes:
Any losses your business makes.
Bills for things you buy for your business, like stock or equipment.
Partners share the business's profits, and each partner pays tax on their share.
Made on